Friday 12 December 2008

Cuirassiers At Last


Suren Cuirassiers on Stadden Horses


As vaguely alluded to in the title of my last blog entry but one, I have been working to complete my regiment of cuirassiers. I started on this unit over a year ago, and there were two squadrons present and correct in time for my BlastHof Bridge fight. Since then the regiment has been ignored in favour of the dragoons, who are so much easier to paint.



As the photos show, the third and last squadron is now completed. The regiment still lacks its proper complement of officers: but as with other recently 'completed' units, these are but decorative additions and must therefore wait until all vital components of the two armies are ready for Action!


10 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

..they are absolutely smashing! Very nice....

johnpreece said...

Now those are worth waiting for!

To achieve a really beautiful unit is well worth celebrating. But with something like these figures it is often realising a dream of half a lifetime. Well worth the wait and effort.

I shall raise my evening glass to toast your new unit.

John

Martin said...

Ohhh....I'm not sure you would have to wait until you have an "all arms" brigade sized task force for each side available. Perhaps a "training exercise" between the Cuirassiers and Dragoons could be arranged?!

Yours,

Martin

P.S. Great paint job, as usual. Any tabletop commander would be pleased to command them!

abdul666 said...

Jaw dropping, as usual!

Now, if one who painted "like a color-blind Parkinsonian" may respectfully ask, no trumpeters?

Compliments,
Jean-Louis

Andy Mitchell said...

I am a chicken - I find musicians are hard to do well, so I replace the trumpeter in the Charge! organisation with an extra officer.

Bluebear Jeff said...

They look wonderful, sir. Very intimidating.


-- Jeff

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hello there Andy,

"Magnificent" is somewhat of an understatement. Your cuirassiers are truly stunning.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Der Alte Fritz said...

Suren does make a trumpeter you know. Or you could buy the Elite cuirassier trumpeter and put him on a Stadden horse. Foundry makes kettle drummers. You might take the Foundry kettle drums and attach them to the Suren musician (place drum sticks of wire with a knob of putty on the tip in both hands) like I did. Check through my 2008 archieves for pix of the Suren kettledrummers.

I really wish that I had used Stadden horses with my Suren cuirassiers. Much better horses.

Fitz-Badger said...

Wow! Quantity and quality! I don't know how you do it. :-)

old-tidders said...

Another fine ly painted unit. They look 'the business'

-- Allan